Enjoy a trip of a lifetime with our superb deals on car hire in Barcelona. Whether you are here to pay homage to the master of Modernism – Gaudi, or desire to indulge in the happening nightlife, a car hire in Barcelona will allow you to explore the city and the surrounding areas to the fullest. This Mediterranean city is known as a capital for art and design, and the architecture and art museums here are among Europe's best.
There are several hirecar companies at Barcelona Airport. Major have their car rental offices and all allow their customers to return the car at the airport.
Take this offer: book now, pick it up when you get at the airport and return it at same place or branch office when you come back, without complications.
Enterprise car hire offices in Barcelona airport
Terminal T1 floor 1.
Terminal T2B floor 0.
Car rental best deals in Barcelona airport
Our exclusive Sixt offer, only for bookings made from this website: Exclusive promotion: up to 15% off, book now!.
Hire your car now, there's up to 10% off
Hire a minibus or passenger vans
For many passengers, renting a minibus or van passenger is a very recommended option. You should reserve in advance, because in fair and congress time, very common in Barcelona, there is a little supply of people carrier vehicles. These minibus are these really a very practical and convenient alternative for holidaymakers and long weekends, check the options in transfers page.
Car rental terms & conditions
Car rental terms in Spain depend on the type of vehicle, you wish to rent. The minimum requirements of the majority of car rental companies are listed below.
- The driver should be in possession of a driving license with a minimum standing of 1 year. The driving licence must be valid and without any severe penalties, which may legally prohibit the conduction of a vehicle. In case that you do not dispose of a Spanish driving licence, you can also present a valid international driving licence from another country, as long as it is recognised by Spanish law.
- The driving licence must comply with the specifications, required for the rental of a car or lorry.
- You will also be asked to identify yourself, presenting an ID or a passport and a valid method of payment.
- Most countries charge an extra tax for drivers, younger than 25 years. If you wish to rent a car in Spain, Península and Balearics, and you are under 25 years, you will have to pay an extra charge within 8 and 25 Euro (VAT included) per rental day and driver, and the amount could to vary depending on the car you rent, 4x4, sport car, van etc. Also the amount could to vary depends of car rental firm. In the Canary Islands could be more expensive.
- For the rental of specific car types, the driver must be older than 25 years.
Insurances and Coverage
Usually, the rental fee includes the basic coverages: for damage to third-parties, damage to the insured vehicle or theft of the vehicle. Please get more information, if you wish to upgrade the basic insurance coverage when you rent your car.
If the car is insured through a franchise agreement, this implies that, in case of any damage, the contracting party has to cover the expenses up to the franchise amount, while the company has to pay everything beyond this sum. In case that you wish to avoid this franchise, you will be asked to pay an extra amount for each rental day.