Barcelona Airport offers a free internet connection through operator Eurona Telecom, a private company operating at the airport.
Eurona Telecom offers a free basic internet connection via wi-fi at the airport, although a download speed limit applies. The company combines this free service offered by selling Internet Access Premium Rate services and mobile data.
The wifi coverage and wireless access points are located at:
Terminal : throughout the whole terminal.
- Terminal T2A:
- Public areas: Medas Ready to Eat.
- Boarding areas : Self Mediterráneo (M4), Caffe di Fiore (M5), Terracotta (M5), Pans&Company (M5), Sala VIP Salvador Dalí (M5).
- Terminal T2B:
- Public areas: Ars, Plantaciones de Origen, Pans&Company, Buffet Catalunya, Restaurante Sant Jordi, Medas Beer.
- Boarding areas: Aubépain (M2), Tip Top Tapas (M2), The Food Gallery (M2), Europa (M3), La Pausa (M3), Caffe di Fiore (M3), Fresh and Ready (Rambla), Sala VIP Canudas (M2), Salas de Reuniones Catalunya (M2).
- Terminal T2C:
- Public areas: Medas Beer.
- Boarding areas: Caffe di Fiore (M0), Medas Restaurante (M1), Medas Beer (M1), Medas Ready to Eat.
How does it work?
To have this service the user must enable the Wi-Fi connection of his laptop, mobile or tablet and select the Wi-Fi connection with SSID: Airport Free Wifi AENA. Once connected an automatic registration screen will appear on your device, follow the instructions. If the registration portal does not appear automatically, enter the page "freewifi.aena.es" in the address bar of your browser and follow the instructions.
If you cannot detect the network SSID, go to a covered area.
If your equipment does not have Wi-Fi technology, you can request the connection kit at the HOSTPOT reception. They will offer you information and technical help to connect to the internet from your own device. The airport's free internet connection has a filter that restricts certain types of categories (terrorist, pornographic, spy, malicious sites, violence, compromised, etc.).
It is on these public connections that it is highly recommended to use a VPN, such us NORDVPN.
If you are concerned about your privacy on the Internet, either because you connect to your online banking, or send emails with sensitive data, or wish to keep your browsing history private, a VPN will allow you to keep your browsing hidden and encrypt your passwords and private data from malicious observers.
NordVPN also works by overriding the filters and geographic blocks of some streaming platforms.
Other ways to get internet access at the airport
Barcelona airport has no public Internet access terminals (computers) in their free access areas. This type of connection is currently only available in airport lounges, under their access conditions.
For additional information, please contact:
Customer service: 900 928 053